Posts

Monday - Music Tuesday - Interviews Wednesday - Reviews Thursday - Technology Friday - Blog Saturday - Random Sunday - Fashion

Sunday 2 May 2010

INTERVIEW! - Brian Mackey

According to his Myspace Brain 'in his own words, a manic romantic, says, .."He's in love with the idea of love." Every long winding search of dead ends, broken relationships and struggles could make it ..easy for someone to just give up. But Brian shows "all of us".'
I got to interview the amazing Brian Mackey! And here is what he had to say!

You have 2 EP's on itunes (‘Brian Mackey EP 2009’ and ‘Feng Shui for Slobs’) Is there one song from both of them which you are most proud of?
Brian Mackey RED EP 2009: I am the most proud of Patty Brown.
Feng Shui for Slobs: I'm the most proud of Painted Red


When did you know that singing was something you wanted to do?
Ever since age 5 when I couldn't stop singing everywhere, in class, in the bathtub, in my sleep...

What inspires you in your songwriting?
Love, or the lack there of, a pretty face, another song, really anything can set it off at anytime.

Who are your biggest influences?
I noticed a lot of people always say the Beatles are one of their influences. I would agree with that notion, but also a lot of classical music without words. There are just so many great bands and artists, that it's really hard to narrow in on specifics, but I really like Freddy Johnston.

What is your favorite thing about being a musician?
The freedom it gives me to say how I feel, the feeling it gives me to create, to perform for an audience, it's a religious experience.

How would you describe your style?
Good question.. I always thought it was better if someone else told me what I sounded like, rather than who I thought I was supposed to be, but I think it would be alt rock indie, if that makes any sense :)

If you could duet with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Hmm.. well, if I were to sing with somebody dead, it would be a solo performance... but if they were alive, Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Jim Morrisson, Janis Joplin,
Alive... Jewel, Sara Bareilles, Colbie Callait


Out of all the things you have accomplished, which are you most proud of?
Well, true story... the other day I bought a raft and rowed up the Hudson River, big boats were all around me, one honked their horn and almost scared me into the water. I made it back in one piece to do this interview, so I'm pretty proud of that :)

What are your goals for the future?
To write a song that I'm completely happy with, if that's possible...

Favorite Quote?
Never give up, because quitters have nothing to give... 

Anything else you would like to say?
I would like to thank you for taking the time out for compiling this interview, Hannah ;)

Make sure to check Brian's music out on MySpace!
http://www.myspace.com/brimackey

And also follow him on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/brianmackeynyc

No comments:

Post a Comment