Posts

Monday - Music Tuesday - Interviews Wednesday - Reviews Thursday - Technology Friday - Blog Saturday - Random Sunday - Fashion

Thursday 6 May 2010

INTERVIEW! - Emily Grace

So as well as touring with Demi Lovato you are also a member of the Ballas Hough Band!

Did you ever think that you would accomplish such big things when you were growing up?
I always wanted to perform growing up, but I never expected to be in LA doing what I am, and having achieved so much. It's been a crazy couple of years, sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe I'm really here!

At what age did you start singing?
I didn't start singing until I was about 13, although I'd always been a music geek. I played piano from the age of 3, and flute and violin from 8. Music was always around me and a huge part of my life so I guess singing was just a natural next step.

What is your favorite part about being on tour?
There's so many things I love about tour! If I had to pick one I'd say performing for the fans and meeting them. Really being able to talk to them and connect.

What is your favorite song of Demi’s to Perform?
It's always changing, I love Solo, but Get Back was so fun because we were all just running around like crazies rocking out!

What is your favorite BHB song to Perform?
Longing For and Fall. Fall is fun and fierce, and I loved the synth parts. Longing For is a beautiful ballad and I loved singing it, and the piano part was beautiful.

If you could be on any TV show which would it have to be?
Glee!!!! I love that show!
Who inspires your fashion? and what is your favorite store to shop at?
Hmm.. I just kind of wear what I want! Sometimes I wake up and want to so something crazy and different so i'll pick out something super rocker or really British, and sometimes I just throw and jeans and T! One of my favorite stores is Forever21, and definitely TopShop in the UK and New York.

Whats your favorite outfit in your wardrobe right now?
Hmmm... A big crazy black skirt and a neon shirt. Sometimes I like being a bit out there!!

Who is your biggest inspiration?
My mum and dad!! They're so sweet together, they're so in love after 33 years.

If you could duet with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Marilyn Monroe, that would be amazing!!!

If you had any advise for someone who wanted to be a musician what would it be?
Practise. All the time. Dream big, work hard. But keep your priorities in order, music as a career and quickly take over your life. As important as it is to you, and as much effort and time that you need to put into it, never forget tour family and friends. I always make sure my three Fs come first. Faith, Family, Friends. My career is a huge part of my life, but I wouldn't be me without those things.

What are your goals for the future?
I'd love a solo record deal, to record another album and get that out there. I want to use my music to inspire and ignite self confidence in young people.

Favorite Quote?
I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it - Marilyn Monroe

Make sure to follow Emily on twitter! :D
http://twitter.com/emilygraceUK
And add her on myspace!
http://www.myspace.com/amazingmissgracemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment