Posts

Monday - Music Tuesday - Interviews Wednesday - Reviews Thursday - Technology Friday - Blog Saturday - Random Sunday - Fashion

Tuesday 27 April 2010

INTERVIEW! - Hannah


 With her new single 'I Believe In You' set to top the charts & fast becoming England's World Cup Anthem we thought now was the time to meet the one & only Estonian pop star!
We had the amazing opportunity to interview Hannah and all we can say is she is so down to earth and incredibly sweet!
(Oh and yes we both have the same name! haha)
  
Hey Hannah!
Thanks so much for doing this for us! we really appreciate it :D
Hi Hannah, it's my pleasure! Nice to meet you and I'm very excited to answer your great questions!

 As well as having a rocking music video for your single 'I Believe in You' (out on the 3rd May) it also made the Music Week Upfront Club Chart at #1! Where you excited when you herd about it being #1?
I was so excited! I remember I came home from the studio just away in a bit of a daydream and then when I walked into my apartment, there was a huge bucket of flowers and a bottle of champagne with a big #1 attached to it!
I just jumped around and screamed by joy, I couldn't even believe it before I saw it with my own eyes in Music Week!

My mother came to visit me the same evening from Estonia and we had an awesome time together celebrating that achievement!

What was your favorite part about making the music video for 'I Believe in You' ?
Making the „I Believe In You“ video was a whole new experience to me because it's half animated and it was filmed with a blue screen. Everything was so different to the videos I've shot in the past -  from making the special costumes to the final edit, dance rehearsals and designing the little aliens.

I was very lucky to have such an amazing team who let me stick with them and  follow every single step from the very early beginning to the final video edit.
There were 15 people working on the video and I stayed with them in the studio watching it all come together. I was very lucky to work with people who let me get so involved. It was fascinating to see how every single movement and section took a very long time to create on the computer. I loved the day when we actually filmed but that seems to have been the easy bit!

You have accomplished so much in your life so far! Did you ever think while you were growing up that you would ever be so popular and so successful?
I always knew that I wanted to become a singer. And I always knew that I'd be on stage performing. I remember when I was three years old on beach with my parents. I climbed on the top of the highest rock, pretending that it's the stage and all the people down below sunbathing were my audience! I sang and asked everyone to clap their hands for the proper applause!
I started writing my own music when I was 13 and enjoyed it even more so I knew that this is something I'd like to do the rest of my life. My greatest encouragement was actually winning a song competition with my first song.

Whats it been like working with such a big bunch of talented songwriters?
It's been a very inspirational year for me. Working with such successful and talented people has given me a whole new take on songwriting.
I've been learning a lot from them being really encouraged to try different methods! Every songwriter has their own ways of writing a song and their own influences so it's great to spend time with them learning their own ways.


What inspires you in your songwriting?
Everything that happens in my life really. Love and relationships, movies, books, different stories, traveling… There's the opportunity to find something in every situation in life, I guess, to write about.

What is your favorite part about what you do?
I love performing, to be totally honest – it's like a treat! It's one thing when you've written your entire album and spent countless hours in studios, going through all the recording and production and remixes – which are all amazing! But then it's something entirely different to give it to people and see their reaction – that's really the best part. It gives you so much back if you see that audience enjoys what you've been working on.

Who are your biggest influences?
I listened to lots of classical music when I was a child and then grew up listening to classic artists like Phil Collins, Queen, and ABC. I've always tried to learn something from great artists and great songwriting. I loved Alanis Morrissette’s vocals back in the 90s and now am a huge fan of Alicia Keys as she's such an amazing songwriter and performer. So I guess I don't have just one big influence, there's many.

If you could duet with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Alicia Keys or Dizzee Rascal

If you had any advise for someone who wanted to be a musician what would it be?
It's the hard work but it's worth it! It's an amazing world filled with many excitements and wonderful journeys. The tough thing is figuring out how to stay the same person and not let anyone to change you.
My mother always told me – stay as you are, be yourself – so that's my advice now cause it has helped me through the years.

Favorite Quote?
Dream big dreams! Dreams don't have limitations; our mind is the one, which is limited… so work with that one :)


Thanks Again for doing this :)
GodBless
Hannah x

Thank you and God Bless!

Hannah xxx 


 Check out the video to 'I Believe in You' below! :D
and follow Hannah on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/hannahsongbird

No comments:

Post a Comment