Posts

Monday - Music Tuesday - Interviews Wednesday - Reviews Thursday - Technology Friday - Blog Saturday - Random Sunday - Fashion

Tuesday 18 May 2010

INTERVIEW! - Cassie Correlle

We got to interview the amazing Cassie Correlle!
Here's what she had to say :D

How did you get into performing?
I began playing guitar and writing songs in 8th grade, then played a few performances in high school but didn't get enough courage to play bigger shows until college! The girls on my dorm floor my freshman year at WSU encouraged me to play my first open mic, and it became an addiction to have people hear my music! I haven't stopped playing shows since then.
What inspires you in your songwriting?
Boys that break my heart! Or, girls that make me angry. And occasionally, when a nice boy comes along, I write a happy song.

Who are your biggest influences?
My ex boyfriend, my friends and their exciting lives, and random people I meet! Also new songs I hear inspire me to venture out into new aspects of writing, and try something new.

What is your favorite thing about being a musician?
I love being on stage with my guitar and sharing my view of the world with other people. I love having people relate to my songs, and tell me, "wow, that song was made to fit my life perfectly". When I was younger, I was always searching for songs and lyrics that displayed how I felt, and then one day I thought, "instead of looking for a song that fits my life, why not make one?"
How would you describe your style?
Definitely sassy! I have a lot of attitude and i like writing songs that say exactly how it is. I make it very obvious if you've angered me in any way. When I started writing songs, country is just what came out. Some things are just meant to be.

What is your favorite song to perform?
My favorite song to perform is any song that the audience requests. Because you just make them so happy and that's such great feedback when you're on stage and everyone is singing along.

Who would be your dream band/artist to open up for?
Miranda Lambert!!! She is my favorite. Or Miley Cyrus - I saw her in concert, and she is so much fun on stage and has so much energy.

If you could duet with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Again, Miranda Lambert. She has a lot of attitude in her songs, and I feel like we could write the best sassy boy-hating song ever.

What is your favorite store to shop at?
I love vintage stores and thrift stores to be honest. It's like finding treasure because no one else has the things you buy! It's always one of a kind and I love that. You never know where that item of clothing or shoe has been before you and that's kind of exciting - like you're taking them on a new adventure!

What are your goals for the future?
To keep playing music and reach as many people as humanely possible.

Favorite Quote?
I have a few! The higher the hair, the closer to God. and the tattoo I have on my wrist, Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "to everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven"
Anything else you would like to say?
Random fact: I go through a can of hairspray every 2 weeks :)

CHECK OUT CASSIE ON MYSPACE:
http://www.myspace.com/cassiecorrellemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment